Favorite genre of music atm...

Discuss a wide variety of things that entertain you! Movies, television, music, sports, anime: it's all welcome here!
Vyse Hazuky

Re: Favorite genre of music atm...

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Folk blues, probably.
Agent Of Fortune

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

Tie between classic rock and 90's alternative/kind of rock/grunge music.

I guess 90's rock is almost classic rock by now. :-/
FitB

Post by FitB »

90's rock was great. I wish they'd start making music like that again. The emo rock is getting really annoying.

CHANGMIN SAYS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Virt McPolygon

Post by Virt McPolygon »

FitB wrote:90's rock was great. I wish they'd start making music like that again. The emo rock is getting really annoying.
I agree about the last part. I was really into that stuff about 3-4 years ago, but I just don't like how it's developed into a horrible culture, it's kind of combined with all that 'nu-rave'-ish crap now. On a side note, have you noticed how the rap-rock/nu-metal type of thing is sort of coming back into music again? That's straight out of the late 90's! I guess that's kind of a sign people are fed up with emo rock.
FitB

Post by FitB »

Virt McPolygon wrote:
FitB wrote:90's rock was great. I wish they'd start making music like that again. The emo rock is getting really annoying.
I agree about the last part. I was really into that stuff about 3-4 years ago, but I just don't like how it's developed into a horrible culture, it's kind of combined with all that 'nu-rave'-ish crap now. On a side note, have you noticed how the rap-rock/nu-metal type of thing is sort of coming back into music again? That's straight out of the late 90's! I guess that's kind of a sign people are fed up with emo rock.
I agree with you about the whole genre evolving into this horrible 'nu-rave' emo crap. I never got into the whole emo scene because all the songs sounded exactly the same to me, and after hearing two songs that sound almost the same, it gets really tiring. I guess the whole emo genre is slowly dying since a lot of bands are making comebacks. Blink-182 is coming back, and Limp Bizkit has gotten back together. Hopefully the rock scene will be able to piece itself back together. I actually liked the whole rap-rock ordeal.

In the mean time, back to Asia for some good rock music!

CHANGMIN SAYS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
JoePesci

Post by JoePesci »

Contemporary Alternative for the most part.

Arcade Fire being probably my favorite band today.