Where The Wild Things Are

Discuss a wide variety of things that entertain you! Movies, television, music, sports, anime: it's all welcome here!
JoePesci

Where The Wild Things Are

Post by JoePesci »

Spike Jonze is adapting this into a feature. Looks pretty awesome if you ask me.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dor/objec ... 32509.html
Old Man OL

Re: Where The Wild Things Are

Post by Old Man OL »

Visually looks pretty pleasing, but my fears with this are the same as with any adaptation of a childrens' picture book; a lot of unnecessary additions. Where The Wild Things Are was brilliant because of its simplicity. Turning it into an hour-and-a-half feature will no doubt remove that simplicity to pad the 90 minute run time.
Looks good initially, but I still have a bad feeling about it.
Ryudo wrote:The world will end when OL is no longer entertained by us.
Just because.
[mYLES]

Post by [mYLES] »

I loved Where The Wild Things Are when I was a kid. It will probably do well in theatres for the fact that parents and kids would want to see this. Good director to back it up, we'll see how it goes.
JoePesci

Post by JoePesci »

Old Man OL wrote:Visually looks pretty pleasing, but my fears with this are the same as with any adaptation of a childrens' picture book; a lot of unnecessary additions. Where The Wild Things Are was brilliant because of its simplicity. Turning it into an hour-and-a-half feature will no doubt remove that simplicity to pad the 90 minute run time.
Looks good initially, but I still have a bad feeling about it.
I understand the fear, but honestly the heart and message of Where The Wild Things are was oversimplified for children. I think that the feature will explore Maurice Sendak's themes in a more adult way. That explains why he is backing the production 100 percent. Not to mention Spike Jonze is fucking awesome.