Racist Hollywood is Awesome!

Discuss a wide variety of things that entertain you! Movies, television, music, sports, anime: it's all welcome here!
Ryudo

Racist Hollywood is Awesome!

Post by Ryudo »

Avatar last Airbender movie (sure to suck) White kid playing the heroic what should be an Asian playing the role.

Arab looking guy playing the fire race(TERRORISTS!)

Old Man OL

Re: Racist Hollywood is Awesome!

Post by Old Man OL »

:lol:
Oh, terrible.
Funny though.
Ryudo wrote:The world will end when OL is no longer entertained by us.
Just because.
AnimeGamer183

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

Let the subliminal messages infect my mind and feed my soul!
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

That's just sad... :no:
JoePesci

Post by JoePesci »

Oh, and don't forget the blatantly racist Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen. Two Black twin autobots who don't know how to read, are always fighting, and have crooked teeth, one of them gold? You be the judge. Oh, and don't forget the sterotypical black Transformer in the first one who is the only autobot who dies.

OT: Michael Bay did create the got milk? campaign though, which is weird. I'm surprised there aren't any big esplosions.
KennyNOL

Post by KennyNOL »

The trailer for Airbender actually looked good. Shyalamalanamahalamahaman is a good director, what made his movies go on a decline was his writing.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

KennyNOL wrote:The trailer for Airbender actually looked good. Shyalamalanamahalamahaman is a good director, what made his movies go on a decline was his writing.
Like when his entire brain was removed when he wrote Signs?
The only thing that separates Signs from being just as shit and retarded as a Uwe bowl (or however he spells his dipshit name) is it had actual talented actors and a budget. Everything else was pure shit.
KennyNOL

Post by KennyNOL »

Uwe Boll can't direct worth a damn though. He just puts titties and explosions wherever possible. He's not just a poor man's Michael Bay. He's a poor man's Ed Wood.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

True about Uwe but Signs is still one of the worst written things ever.
However Give Ed Wood credit,his films were so bad they were brilliant!
:P
Bay and Uwe films are just horrible and gag/facepalm worthy.
KennyNOL

Post by KennyNOL »

Yeah, which is why I said Uwe is a poor man's Ed Wood. Even Wood was better than that. At least he cared. And Plan 9 isn 't that bad of a movie actually. Inconsistencies and corny moments aside, its actually pretty entertaining and (dare I say it) pretty well-written. You can tell he gave a shit, he just was too impatient.

After Unbreakable, all of Shyalamalanamahalamahaman's movies were suddenly poorly written. He got too self-indulgent. Sucks cause movies like the Village and the Happening could've been interesting movies cause they had interesting concepts. Even as the script became toilet paper, I still liked the way he presented his movies which is why I think this should be good since the show creators have input and its not based on one of his original stories.
JoePesci

Post by JoePesci »

The teaser is great, and while the writing has sucked in his films recently, he does have a good eye for cinematography, picking a brillaint composer, and he has excellent concepts. Hopefully he can steer this in a positive direction unlike his last few films... Which Kenny pointed out were his original ideas. He is doing something he has never done before.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

I've been reading more about this series Avatar and I find it incredibly ironic that Mako Iwamatsu provided the voice of a key character until his death and had an episode dedicated to his memory. Iwamatsu of course was one of the founders of the East West Players company, a theatre group created by Asian-Americans who found that there were barely any roles available for them in cinema and had to put food on the table one way or another.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Kiba

Post by Kiba »

Hey, that Fire Nation guy in your screenshot (probably Prince Zuko) is that guy from Slumdog Millionaire.
Old Man OL

Post by Old Man OL »

Ryudo wrote:The world will end when OL is no longer entertained by us.
Just because.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.