Football topic (Soccer for the yanks)

Discuss a wide variety of things that entertain you! Movies, television, music, sports, anime: it's all welcome here!
Vyse Hazuky

Re: Football topic (Soccer for the yanks)

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

So I guess Macheda is now at least a two-hit wonder?
Tuffty

Post by Tuffty »

^ :D

So we get the Hollywood final for the CL Final after all then. Good stuff, I would have disliked having to see Chelski once again. Pretty poor refereeing on both Semi-Finals last week though. Fletcher get's an ill-deserved red card with no chance of appealing against it. And the ref for Chelski/Barca made a huge cluster of errors that probably costed Chelski. Not that I'm complaining. Watching Ballack near throttle the ref, Terry/Lampard giving off right in front of him and Drogba ranting and raving at the camera only confirms what scum they are. Ref even had to be smuggled out of the country for fear of death threats, what with his home address being posted on the internet and all. Classy.

Throw the book at em I say. Great result today for us. The press are going to focus on Ronaldo's moment of petulance at being subbed though. I can only speculate that he thought City were there for the taking and wanted to get more goals to secure his chance of getting the Golden Boot, but at the end of the day, game's already over at that stage, best to let him get some rest for the games to come. And I do hope Tevez's contract renewal is negotiable. I wouldn't pay £30+ mil for him and his longing to play more first-team football is understandable, but he's my kind of player. Shuts up, does the job and a little bit more to help the team.

I imagine Park's going to get his chance at the CL Final squad this time round which I'm glad of. :)
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Here's hoping you manage to be the first to win 4 in a row!

Can't wait for the CL final!
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

Tevez: While he is on the pitch he is very hard working. Perhaps too hard working. He doesn't have the physical power of a Rooney to keep going all game long. As a result, his best use tends to come as a substitute. Something he apparently doesn't understand and is now poisoning the support against the management which has delivered trophies regardless. Either he and his slavemaster can get more realistic or he can begone and go fail at Liverpool already.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

With what he's been saying in the press, claiming "no respect" from upper management and all that crap, it really seems like he's making it hard to stay. Even though MU has been spending a lot on substitutes (Nani, Hargreaves, Berbatov, Anderson), at least they can save on that to maybe get another world class player in. Or maybe a much awaited Evra-equivalent on the right side of defence.