Football topic (Soccer for the yanks)

Discuss a wide variety of things that entertain you! Movies, television, music, sports, anime: it's all welcome here!
Ryudo

Football topic (Soccer for the yanks)

Post by Ryudo »

Discuss
AnimeGamer183

Re: Football topic (Soccer for the yanks)

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

Need you be reminded that infact, you yourself are a yank!?!?!??
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Need you be reminded that infact, you yourself are a yank!?!?!??
Yet I still call it football. :P
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

I know this is sort of lame but I can't wait for M U vs FC Porto, even if the odds are totally unbalanced
Tuffty

Post by Tuffty »

^ Actually, there's no better time to play us considering our current form. Here's hoping a win today against Villa will get us back on form (after those bloody Scousers getting so fluky again yesterday with a 92nd min win)
AnimeGamer183

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

Ryudo wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:Need you be reminded that infact, you yourself are a yank!?!?!??
Which I am still trying to figure out why :P
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Ryudo wrote:
Perhaps because you play the ball with your feet? I know, I know, crazy.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Tuffty

Post by Tuffty »

Manchester Utd 3 - 2 Aston Villa

I..I'm still in shock. There's still tears on my face thinking about that goal :lol: God I love life. Where did Macheda come from anyway?! :lol:
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Lazio.

Is Agbonlahor going somewhere next season? Maybe you should get him.

And our Hulk :P

Stay tuned tonight!
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

I like how his facebook fan page has grown from about 500 to over 70,000 in the space of 2 days. :)
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Tuffty

Post by Tuffty »

Oh United... :argh: :argh:

Probably our worst performance of the season, and as much as I hate to say it, the legend that is the Neviller shouldn't start a game any longer. Silly goal to concede in the last minutes of the game. Goes without saying we have to win now.

And Benitez running his mouth again... Funny how he says Ferguson should be more focused on his team when all I hear from him and the Liverpool players lately is how Utd will falter.
AnimeGamer183

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

Avon wrote:
Perhaps because you play the ball with your feet? I know, I know, crazy.
I think its just ryudo rejecting the american culture :P Sides soccer is a much more original name, cant hate on the "yanks" for being creative. Also, japan calls it soccer too! THE MOVEMENT IS SPREADING!
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

How exactly is it a more original name when the first sport ever to be called football was football? You don't get more original than that. Also, the English came up with the name soccer to diffentiate it from rugger which was also known as football having been derived from it. But football is the true sport of football.
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

Tuffty wrote:Oh United... :argh: :argh:

Probably our worst performance of the season, and as much as I hate to say it, the legend that is the Neviller shouldn't start a game any longer. Silly goal to concede in the last minutes of the game. Goes without saying we have to win now.
I liked it tho, hehe...

Although the Rooney goal was so daft tho.. gah.. But i give him credit for his intelligence, he knew what B Alves was going to do and he took full advantage.
Pity Anderson didn't play. Hopefully he will next week.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Ryudo wrote: