NFL/NCAAF topic

Discuss a wide variety of things that entertain you! Movies, television, music, sports, anime: it's all welcome here!
Ryudo

NFL/NCAAF topic

Post by Ryudo »

Discuss
Sterling
Administrator

Re: NFL/NCAAF topic

Post by Sterling »

Good job Bears! I liked them for 09 before this move, now I love them.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Brotherman

Post by Brotherman »

I'm not a Bears fan. But I have to say good for them. :D Now they don't have to depend on Old Sexy Rexy. :argh:
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

I have a good friend who has been a bears fan since maybe the 70's and I am sure he is gleaming right now that da bears finally after 2 decades have an actual franchise QB.
RobotWillie

Post by RobotWillie »

I wonder if the Seahawks will suck just as bad as they did last year under the new coach, who would be Jim L. Mora, not to be confused with his father Jim E. Mora. He has been with Atlanta as a head coach, San Francisco as an assistant, and San Diego under a few roles. His win loss record is 26-22, not too great, not too bad, he took Atlanta to the NFC Championship game in 2004 but lost to Philadelphia. However, this team is a skeleton compared to a few years ago, so I have little to no hope for them. In the end, he has experience, but is experience everything?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is Favre returning for another season with the Jets?
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Seahawks are in re build mode so o would not expect much from them this year.

My Titans I hope can sign Holt.
On D I have a concern and not because Haynseworth is is gone,that will hurt but not as much as some might think,we have always replaced guys on the DL every year and always have depth and good rotation.

My concern is with Schwartz gone and how well Cecil can keep them in the top 10 again.
If we can get get holt and Cecil lives up then I will feel very good on having a better run.
JoePesci

Post by JoePesci »

Jay Cutler is a whiny little bitch though. Seriously, he needs to shut his fucking mouth and realize that the NFL is a goddamn business. If they want to talk trades with your name in the mix so be it. Sit back and sip a jelly shot off of one of the countless beautiful whores throwing themselves at you for money. It's pathetic he made such a big deal and demanded a trade. Although he is an amazing QB. Denver just got a hell of a lot worse with Orton. Hopefully they make use of those picks in the coming two years, or develop Orton because if not 8-8 wasn't looking so bad.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

But there's a right way to conduct your business and a wrong way to conduct your business. Cutler is Cutler and players/celebrities often are high-strung divas. The only reason you hear about Jay Cutler going off and not Carson Palmer or Manning or anyone else is that their teams are never stupid enough to shop them while they're in their prime coming off a season where they pretty much single-handedly won eight games. That coach and his staff fucked up entirely and is now trying to put all the blame on the player and his agent which is way more of a bitch move than Cutler deciding he would rather not be in a place where it's clear he was never wanted.
What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.
Domokun goes what?

Post by Domokun goes what? »

As a life long die-hard Bears fan growing up in Chicagoland you have no idea how excited I was when I heard about the Cutler deal ... There's an overwhelming warm welcome from fans (which is very strange because the chicago media and fans are notoriously very harsh towards bears administration and plaers) because we not only get a proven pro bowl QB, but it's also nice to see Bear's ownership FINALLY grow some cojones and make bold moves to win. They usually take the play it safe and steady approach and hope that cards call into place. Nice that we're finally playing to win. I've been alive 23 years and in that time the Bears have never had a franchise QB. Cutler has some attitude issues, but I'm so sick of crap QB's in this town. It was definitely the only thing males talked about here today. And all the girls today were complaining about how all their male friends, boyfriends, and brothers can't shut up about it.
TheRonin

Post by TheRonin »

Now you just need to get some receivers.
"Carl picked the wrong day to fight the power."
Domokun goes what?

Very true. However, I think some talent at the QB slot will make everyone better. Our TE Greg Olsen probably has the most talent on the team, but Orton couldn't deliver it to him. Devin Hester is always a great weapon, but defenses would make us one dimensional by playing him tight. He's a short guy afterall. If we have a QB that can consistently spread the ball between two receivers then good things will happen.

New talent is still needed.
Earl Bennett is probably a good start. He played with Cutler at Vandy. Signed with the bears last year, but just didn't fit in. I think things will change this year.

There is plenty of rumors of the Bears going after veteran Tory Holt too.
RobotWillie

Post by RobotWillie »

I wasn't aware Holt was done with the Rams. The Bears should try and get him, he is extremely experienced and not to mention he has been to the Pro Bowl 7 times, great receiver. How much money do the Bears have to spend? Plenty I imagine. Holt sounds like one of those guys that would require a big salary (More than the average player) to reel him in.
Sterling
Administrator

Post by Sterling »

I believe he thinks he should need a large contract, but I have a feeling the teams chasing him don't necessarily agree.
Domokun goes what?

Holt has been in the league for at least 10 years... All with St. Louis..I think.

But, he's an experienced guy who can still play. Good to have a vet who can show the younger guys how to play. Plus Bears head coach Lovie Smith coached him when he was assistant coach with the Rams.
JoePesci

Post by JoePesci »

Avon wrote:But there's a right way to conduct your business and a wrong way to conduct your business. Cutler is Cutler and players/celebrities often are high-strung divas. The only reason you hear about Jay Cutler going off and not Carson Palmer or Manning or anyone else is that their teams are never stupid enough to shop them while they're in their prime coming off a season where they pretty much single-handedly won eight games. That coach and his staff fucked up entirely and is now trying to put all the blame on the player and his agent which is way more of a bitch move than Cutler deciding he would rather not be in a place where it's clear he was never wanted.
Jason Campbell was almost traded for Cutler and he damn well knows it and just shut his mouth, took his check, and is ready to train and play for the contract that he is signed. Cutler fucked up the Broncos' season last year. They shopped Cutler to see if they could get any good offers, can you blame them? That is how business works. Maybe if he didn't have a four game lead in his division, then lose the four game lead, (the last four games of the season, which has never been done), including the all important final game against San Diego, then Denver wouldn't have even considered shipping him out. His behavior is unjustifiable and Denver has come forward saying they tried to communicate and work it out with him, he just wouldn't talk. He's a great QB, but the dude just needs to grow the fuck up.