HBO Shows

Discuss a wide variety of things that entertain you! Movies, television, music, sports, anime: it's all welcome here!
JoePesci

Re: HBO Shows

Post by JoePesci »

I'm Yusuke wrote:I thought Season one was kind of uninteresting, to be honest. Doakes pursuit of Dexter is what was really compelling me to watch. I wasn't into the whole mysterious killer thing going on in the first season.
lol, i still have your first and second season of Dexter sitting on my shelf, unwatched. Is it really that goddamn amazing?
Riku

Post by Riku »

Sex And The City :D
Old Man OL

Post by Old Man OL »

Any thoughts on Carnivale?
I haven't seen it, but I've kind of been interested for a while. Wondering if I should check it out.
Ryudo wrote:The world will end when OL is no longer entertained by us.
Just because.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Riku wrote:Sex And The City :D
It sucks.

Two old Shemales and a 3rd okay looking woman was like the HBO version of a slightly younger version of Golden girls.

Riku

Post by Riku »

^lol.

The only HBO show I actually watch is Curb. My brother has a few others on DVD and I'm sure I'll eventually watch them.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Don't have HBO and never watch TV anymore so anything I do watch is either off netflix or Hulu if it's from TV.
I put Soprano's on Que and the Wire on netflix.
(I already have seen some eps of Sopranos before on re runs but was edited and it ruined the show..like the mad tv skit of the show on Pax....also aware of the final ep spoiler but still highly interested)
JoePesci

Post by JoePesci »

Old Man OL wrote:Any thoughts on Carnivale?
I haven't seen it, but I've kind of been interested for a while. Wondering if I should check it out.
I watched the whole first season. The show was fucking bizarre, man. It was incredibly weird. I liked it though, I liked it a lot. And the premise of him being able to heal people, but it killing what is alive around it was great. I think they ran out of steam at the end of the first season which was too bad.
Old Man OL

Post by Old Man OL »

Yeah, I heard it was weird. Only thing really keeping me from trying it out so far, though, is the fact that it was canceled after the second season, with the story left WIDE open (since they had planned on a much longer story).
I'm kind of afraid that I'll really like it, but be eternally pissed off that I'll never get to see more of it.
:lol:
Wasn't there something else like that...?
Ryudo wrote:The world will end when OL is no longer entertained by us.
Just because.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Old Man OL wrote:
I'm kind of afraid that I'll really like it, but be eternally pissed off that I'll never get to see more of it.
It's like they knew first hand they would be canceled.
"Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me.
"
JoePesci

Post by JoePesci »

Old Man OL wrote:Yeah, I heard it was weird. Only thing really keeping me from trying it out so far, though, is the fact that it was canceled after the second season, with the story left WIDE open (since they had planned on a much longer story).
Shenmue to be blatant.

But yeah, I don't really recommend getting into it too much as it leaves the story hanging. Not even ends to the subplots, just cliffhangers to set up the climax of those subplots, which is something we here are all familiar with.

Shenmue.
Tuffty

Post by Tuffty »

Anyone seen True Blood? Looks alright to me, won't be shown over here in the UK til June I think. Sounds like it's about vampires but without the Emo stigma attached.

Also gotta say a big thumbs up to Curb.