Alan Wake TV series is in development

Discuss a wide variety of things that entertain you! Movies, television, music, sports, anime: it's all welcome here!
darkly

Alan Wake TV series is in development

Post by darkly »

Yes, hello. I bring you today this very important news: an Alan Wake TV series is in development with Peter Calloway (also known for Legion) as showrunner and writer and Sam Lake as producer (Remedy games, made Max Payne, Alan Wake and Quantum Break).
“Alan Wake,” which was released on the Xbox 360 and Windows PC in 2010, followed fictitious best-selling author Alan Wake (Matthew Porretta) on a journey to a small town in Washington state where he hopes to rid himself of prolonged writer’s block. What follows is an increasingly surreal experience that seems to bring the plot from his last novel — which he has no memory of writing — to life.

Harlan on Alan Wake: “It’s the finest story I’ve run across in video games. I’ve played through the game maybe 50 times.”

Read more about it here: https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/al ... 202938003/

Remedy are known for making games with great stories, therefore, even if you haven't played Alan Wake or any of Remedy's games, this is a show worth keeping an eye on. Also, you should probably go play some of Remedy's games :D