What phone do you have?

Discuss the latest in computers and technology. Seriously, there's like a new cool gadget every week.
Chaos

Re: What phone do you have?

Post by Chaos »

evlbaMbee wrote:As soon as Orange get the 3Gs I'll be getting one of those and banging my 40% staff discount on it. :x
ooh you lucky bastid

I only had to spend $200 on my 3gs though so I won't complain.
AnimeGamer183

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

im with at&t and my upgrade is in November (days away)

I'll be honest, I kinda want an iPhone simply because, ever since I got my macbook I have been adoring apple, and I would like to keep supporting them. BUT I dont like certain things about the iPhone and its features, and EVERYONE has one of these fuckers. So ill probably just end up getting something else, preferably something with an actual keyboard on it. I need to go to at&t and do some browsing.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

AnimeGamer183 wrote:im with at&t and my upgrade is in November (days away)

I'll be honest, I kinda want an iPhone simply because, ever since I got my macbook I have been adoring apple, and I would like to keep supporting them. BUT I dont like certain things about the iPhone and its features, and EVERYONE has one of these fuckers. So ill probably just end up getting something else, preferably something with an actual keyboard on it. I need to go to at&t and do some browsing.
No, get an iPhone 3GS. Who gives a shit if everyone has one? There's a reason they do. It's an awesome fucking phone. You get used to the keyboard within a few minutes too, so don't worry about that.
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

If I were to get a phone it would be the HTC hero.
I really like the Androids.

Though if I wanted to get a new ipod like thing without a phone ..Was after Zune HD until I saw the new Archos 5,same price as itouch but so many more and better features with the same cool multi touch and the better LED screen.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

archos looks pretty good. If it was between the iPod Touch and the archos, I dunno. Apple/Adobe needs to stop being such cunts and put flash on the iPhone.

As far as phones go, get the god damned iPhone. Fuck everything else! There really is no reason to get any other smartphone if you're on at&t. I don't care if you hate apple, don't wanna be like everyone else with an iPhone, or whatever other reason you have, get the fucking iPhone. It's amazing. Wanting a hardware keyboard isn't a valid reason either. You get over it in a matter of seconds.

DO IT!
Ryudo

Post by Ryudo »

Played with my friends 3gs a few times..yes it's cool and all but nothing will ever get me to back with AT&T.
I hope they get raped with a barbed wire baseball bat in the ass while being forced to drink Liquid plumber gel.
They fucked me over big time.
AnimeGamer183

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

I was just at the at&t store, seems only special stores carry the iPhone 3GS, it also seems internet on the smart phones is $30 a month by itself. Was asking how that applied to my family plan, and it only applies to the 1 phone! So yeah... I dont know what I am gonna end up getting. I need a back up plan.

p.s. - chaos is a consumer whore.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I was just at the at&t store, seems only special stores carry the iPhone 3GS, it also seems internet on the smart phones is $30 a month by itself. Was asking how that applied to my family plan, and it only applies to the 1 phone! So yeah... I dont know what I am gonna end up getting. I need a back up plan.

p.s. - chaos is a consumer whore.
duh I'm a consumer whore. You just realized this? :P

Yeah the data plan pricing sucks ass, but I think it's worth it. I use it all the time. Unfortunately it's like that with all carriers I think. If you have a smartphone, you're gonna get raped with a data plan.
AnimeGamer183

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

no phones are compatible with mac, EXCEPT the PDAs and smart phones, what luck. I am not getting a new phone now.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

AnimeGamer183 wrote:no phones are compatible with mac, EXCEPT the PDAs and smart phones, what luck. I am not getting a new phone now.
what? since when the hell do you use mac?

iphone is compatible with it :P

DO IT YOU WHORE
AnimeGamer183

Post by AnimeGamer183 »

^ I have had a macbook for over a year now, and I am constantly using macs in the studio, and because of that I need a compatible phone
Bambi

Post by Bambi »

Got my 3Gs, please stand by.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

evlbaMbee wrote:Got my 3Gs, please stand by.
standing by for awesomeness
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

haha I love my iPhone (though I'm going android after my contract is up probably)

I installed this sleep cycle app last night. It monitors your movement during the night, and is supposed to wake up up when you're in your lightest sleep cycle. I woke up a half hour before the thing was set to go off, like I always do with alarms, so this thing is kinda useless to me. :( Still really cool though.

Chaos

Post by Chaos »

I'm such an impatient bitch hahaha. The day after I made that post, I went and sold my iPhone, cancelled my contract, and bought a Droid. This thing is so amazing and everyone needs one!