Continuing Shenmue into Shenmue II for the first time!

Discuss the Shenmue saga!

Continuing Shenmue into Shenmue II for the first time!

Postby Agent Of Fortune on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:34 pm

15 Years Ago, I had my sister order a UK Import Copy of Shenmue II, when I heard it came out in the UK but they were scrapping the US release. I had to have my sister order it because I was not 18 yet, so I didn't have a credit card.

When I received my game, I was disappointed to find that I was unable to continue on my file from Shenmue I into II. However, after all these years, I finally found out a way to get it to work. I found a program called Dream Explorer, and a tutorial on how to edit the Hex values of my save game to make it appear to be a UK game save, so I can continue on.

For the first time ever, I'm continuing a save game from Shenmue I into II, on the Dreamcast console itself! :-D By the time I finally got the Dream Explorer program burned to disk and got the hex values edited last night, it was already late so I only just barely met Joy, but I'm looking forward to continuing on.

One thing I found odd was that only some things carried over. For example, the "Mysterious Scroll" was not carried over. I was hoping I'd be able to find someone who understood this scroll in the game, but it looks like that might have been left out. :-| Still, pretty cool that I get to have all of my moves and capsule toys!
Agent Of Fortune

Return to Shenmue