OFFICIAL SHENMUE III KICKSTARTER ANNOUNCED!!!!!

Discuss the Shenmue saga!
Yukupo
Administrator

Re: OFFICIAL SHENMUE III KICKSTARTER ANNOUNCED!!!!!

Post by Yukupo »

So exciting! :D
Ash wrote:There's going to be a PayPal set up so that people can continue to donate even though the Kickstarter's finished.
This should help out a lot.
Agent Of Fortune

Post by Agent Of Fortune »

This is probably awful, but I doubt I'll be contributing to the PayPal excursion. They already got my money once. I just don't have enough money to justify it, even for the game I love so much.
Yukupo
Administrator

Post by Yukupo »

Perfectly understandable to me. I don't have much money either. I'll likely only contribute again if its some reward I like that I can afford.

Paypal is mostly important, I think, so that people who completely missed the Kickstarter can slowly trickle in. (I know this since I totally missed the Dreamfall Chapters Kickstarter but was still able to pledge on their site!)
Ash

Post by Ash »

There's an ongoing Lets Play of Shenmue 2 on the Something Awful forums (I wouldn't consider those forums to be work-safe, by the way) - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... genumber=1

I'm more pointing this out because you have to pay to join Something Awful (or even to read the forums, if the paywall is up), I'm hoping it may get some people to donate via Paypal, if they didn't have a chance to donate to the Kickstarter.
Tim Surway

Post by Tim Surway »

I'm not planning on donating again via paypal, already made 2 substantial donations. I'm pleased they're doing it though, hopefully by 2017 they will have reached 10mil and beyond.

I'm still hoping there will be further development support from 3rd parties, I knew Yu was saying he did have other backers but didn't go into detail.