Shenmue 2010 Remake

Discuss the Shenmue saga!
Jeff

Shenmue 2010 Remake

Post by Jeff »

I have been thinking alot of Shenmue lately and I got to thinking of what could be if Sega started fresh with the series and remade Shenmue after 10 years from the first release. Today with technology it can create a far better experience with far more interaction, licensed music cassette tapes, more realistic voice acting, more realistic graphics, bigger environments. The possibilities are endless. This could create a new buzz from not only fans of the original fans of the game, but new gamers who mostly know only shovelware games, a game like that would blow their minds. Of course this time better cost management and marketing would be necessary, as well as being available on more than one system. I think this may be the path to Shenmue III at this length of time. What do you think?

Banned for life from Shenmue Dojo for being too awesome for the server to handle
Kyodai

Re: Shenmue 2010 Remake

Post by Kyodai »

Good idea ctually - but if you consider the money it takes to make such a game from scratch i don't see SEGA making it anytime soon. They didn't even remotely get back their investment from the first and second part - so the only halfway financial serious solution would be to recycle what's already done. So unless you find some rich sheik sponsoring the first few millions it is quite unlikely i fear. We know it would be kick-ass but you couldn't convince any potential investor i fear.
Vyse Hazuky

Post by Vyse Hazuky »

I don't think SEGA would have the ability to do it.

I wouldn't want them to just get some licensed engine and have it look like any other game out there right now.

SEGA just have no way of doing a remake of their most ambitious game. Only a Wii-make with Wii controls, but I don't think that's what you wanted anyway...

Let sleeping dogs lie, I guess.

As long as AM2 and Suzuki don't come forward and commit to the series they created, as well as SEGA of Japan, I prefer not to even hear about it. They are crucial for anything Shenmue to come together. I woudlnt' even trust other SEGA stars like Nagoshi.
Ryo Hazuki ™

Post by Ryo Hazuki ™ »

Sega could do it, there's no doubt about it. Though they have lost a few senior members of their team, the technology as said is much more than what it was 10 years ago. Problem is, the game costed a lot to make 10 years ago, so imagine how much it would cost now in a remake to create. With demands high for "Realism", It would be a load on Sega to remake the series now.
Ryo Hazuki

" They killed my father, right in front of me. I will have my revenge "

Flash Shemue III?